There are several factors to consider when deciding on a video production company. What’s their experience, have they handled a project like this before, are they recommended, and especially for the budget conscious, how much do they charge? It’s always important to ensure that when you contact production companies you do so with as much information as possible. This will help you get the best and most accurate information in return including creative input, advice and associated pricing.
Here are a few handy suggestions to include wherever relevant with your corporate video production brief:
- An introduction to your business with a link to your website
- An overview of the type of video you’re looking for e.g. Explainer video
- The storyline of the video – what you want to project from the product / service including personality and tone
- Links to similar videos you may have seen online
- Your target audience
- What you’re looking to achieve from the video (attract new business, educate existing customers, etc)
- Where the shoot will take place
- How long you expect the shoot to take or time that has been allocated
- Whether reading a pre-prepared script will be involved
- If a narrator / voiceover artist is required
- Where the video will feature (YouTube, Facebook, etc)
- The target running length required
- Text / call to action / branding that needs to feature
- If background music is required and the preferred genre
- If there is a deadline
Don't worry if you don't know the answer to all of these points. Promotional video production companies will often be more than happy to help advise and come up with creative ideas to help you get the right result.
A video production service isn’t necessarily a costly exercise. If you have a budget in mind or a maximum spend limit, make sure to include this with your brief. Always ask questions if you have any.
If you’ve got a brief you’d like to share with us, get in touch and send it across!